Hello, are you a London-based people involved with Robin Hood Cooperative?
Kei Kreutler (artist, researcher contributing to UnMonastery) and I (Furtherfielder) are working together this week (w/c January 18th) on some joint research at Southbank Centre and would love to meet you for an informal chat.
Below is a description of what we are doing.
Here is what we are doing:
- collating research and inviting people for generative conversations looking for overlapping aims developing resilient funding and collaborative schemes for organisations to support their members - guild and cooperative structures using distributed tech.
- exploring how we can work together (pooling networks of wisdom, knowledge and goodwill) to conceive, design and implement the constitution and basis for a DAOWO (an distributed autonomous organisation for civic arts and tech-led collaboration implemented in networked computer code). Inspired by this paper by Rob Myers http://www.furtherfield.org/artdatamon…/includes/…/daowo.pdf
Aims (so far- and up for discussion)
- to develop this DAOWO as a basis for distributed, inalienable, sustainable, collaborative, production.
- to think through how a DAO might act as hinge for collaboration between people in physical locations and international networks.
- to reinvigorate grounded debate, action and criticality in digital arts in our UK and international networks in the context of megacollapsingeverything.