Main Site | Join Robin Hood Coop | Projects | Events | Blog | Media | Forums | Mailing List | Twitter | Facebook

FAQ on the relationships between Robin Hood Coop, Robin Hood Unlimited and Robin Hood Services

What are we doing here?
Two things.

Who is doing the running and development of RHC?
Volunteers.

How is the running and development of RHC done?
Roughly, by two groups of volunteers. First, the coop has delegated the day-to-day affairs to its board, and a general manager and a vice general manager. In addition there are committed volunteers. These are the β€œTeam”. Second, the team has created Volunteers/Sherwood as a place where operations and development can be organised as open source projects. They are also run by volunteer contributors.

Who is doing the development of Robin Hood Unlimited?
RHC has initiated the development, and Robin Hood Services (RHS), as a special purpose-built entity, leads it. Like with RHC, parts of the development are run as open source projects, here.

Who owns Robin Hood Coop?
Its members.

Why was Robin Hood Services established?
In order to be able to obtain external funding for development, to sustain committed full-time labour and to manage risks when developing the coop as a platform.

Who owns Robin Hood Services?
It is a private b-company owned by the people who have committed to work full time on the next stage of the coop and, in the future, by investors.

How can I join Robin Hood Asset Management Cooperative?
By getting a membership share in the cooperative. You can join here.

How can I become a contributor to the development of Robin Hood Asset Management Cooperative?
By starting to contribute. The coordination and decision making happens here.

How can I join Robin Hood Services?
Through two routes: by investing or by contributing. By becoming a valuable contributor, the people in RHS may want to bring you in. It is a small team with limited resources, so everybody has to fit in and commit.

How can I become a contributor to the development of Robin Hood Unlimited?
By starting to contribute. The coordination and decision making happens here.

Who will own Robin Hood Unlimited?
Its users.

Does money flow from RHC to RHS?
No.

Does money flow from RHS to RHC?
RHS has financially supported coop 2.0 development, and the Milan, Helsinki and London Offices in 2015, and the development of the websites of RHC during 2015.

Does RHS benefit if I as a volunteer contribute to RHC?
Not directly. But indirectly, of course; the better RHC is, the better possibilities RHS will have in successfully developing the platform.

Does RHC benefit if I as a volunteer contribute to Robin Hood Unlimited and/or RHS?
Yes, RHS is developing the platform form of RHC.

Why some individuals are involved in both RHC and RHS?
Simply: because they want to.

Is there a conflict of interest?
The managing director, vice managing director, members of the board and advisors of RHC work on a voluntary basis, and, at most, get some of their expenses remunerated. For the most part, they are donating their time and resources to the coop. They are appointed by the member meeting of the coop. No one (except for Sakari Virkki, the developer of the parasite) gets a financial reward, and this can be changed only through a decision by the members meeting.The team of RHS intends to make a living through RHS at some point in the future. And the success of RHC potentially feeds into the success of RHS. You be the judge.

How can I start working with Robin Hood?
There are contributor/volunteer guidelines here. Or contact one of the admins.

2 Likes

Update: Robin Hood Services has changed its name (due to trademark issues), and is now called Economic Space Agency –– the website is here:
http://ecsa.io