Main Site | Join Robin Hood Coop | Projects | Events | Blog | Media | Forums | Mailing List | Twitter | Facebook

Machine Learning

Does the Parasite use Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence to learn from mistakes and get smarter over time? Should it? @danielhassan

1 Like

Great question :smile:

The Parasite does not employ machine learning.

New algorithms are in R&D phase, which would employ ML.

@bierlingm do you have experience with this?

I don’t, but I’m about to investigate this area since we are launching a 5-day AI/ML symposium for Thanksgiving. I asked for one because I would have loved to bring somebody from RH to the symposium as an expert, had the Parasite used ML. This way RH could gain great exposure, in popular perception and with experts. We have Nell Watson confirmed and are likely going to have Eliezer Yudkowski of Less Wrong and MIRI there as well.

Let me know if you know or are somebody working in the field.

1 Like

We do have people working within those fields within the robin hood ecosystem (though as I mention the Parasite itself does not employ these systems/techniques)

The symposium sounds very exciting all the same. Where will it be based?

In Chile, at the Exosphere HQ.

1 Like

Do you have some links to the event yet?

Give us as much of a heads up as possible… and also make sure to post a listing here when you have it:

Not yet. Will let you know.

1 Like

Here is the structure and preliminary information - website will go up shortly at www.exosphe.re/ai-nexus.

AI Nexus

Exosphere’s Artificial Intelligence Nexus is the first in a series of high-intensity participatory learning labs in emerging technology, facilitated by global pioneers who are changing the world with machine learning. Discover how this exciting new field is disrupting your business and how you can leverage it to gain an advantage over your competitors.

Info

Date:
23-27 Nov, 2015
Viña del Mar, Chile
Price:
$ 1,850 - Regular (accommodation included)
$ 1,150 - Student

Concept

5-day event for corporate employees, entrepreneurs, and free agents to learn how AI affects their business and career, including pitfalls and opportunities, facilitated by experts in the field, both researchers and practitioners in industry

Facilitators

• Skinner Layne [Entrepreneur, Former Advisor to U.S. Senator John Boozman]
  • Nell Watson [Futurist, Entreprenerd, Engineer, and Public Speaker]
  • Michael Morton [Ethereum Labs, Bitcoin Enthusiast]
  • Speaker Y
  • Speaker Z

Structure

Day 1: Skinner Layne - Setting the stage for AI: Cheap Computing and the Breaking Smart phenomenon (read www.breakingsmart.com)
Day 2: Speaker X - AI in Industry/Application A
Day 3: Speaker Y - AI in Industry/Application B
Day 4: Michael Morton - The Blockchain and AI - New Economic Spaces for Machine/Human Collaboration
Day 5: Nell Watson - Past, Present, Future - How to Future-proof your career/business and profit from AI

Sponsors

Ethereum Labs: www.ethereumlabs.com
+more coming

How to participate

Go to the AI Nexus Website and sign up to be notified upon launch: www.exosphe.re/ai-nexus

1 Like

Hey!

This is great :smile:

Best to set up an event though:

Thanks, will do.

1 Like