Main Site | Join Robin Hood Coop | Projects | Events | Blog | Media | Forums | Mailing List | Twitter | Facebook

Member Interviews

Interviews of members
We want to hear the stories of our members! In text, audio and video. How to proceed?

Choose a member to interview. Maybe you know someone, or have seen someone interesting. Alternatively, you can ask the coordinators for suggestions. In any case, if you don’t have the contact info for a member, ask for it from a coordinator.Contact the person to be interviewed. Explain what the interview is for, where it will be published and how long it will approximately take. Make an appointment for the interview through a channel that you agreee on (live, web conference or call, phone, e-mail, etc.)Conduct the interview. Think about the things you would want to hear
and learn about from other members. Below are some example question.Remember, that shorter interviews tend to get more exposure, though longer ones also have their benefits!

Interview questions

• Background questions:
  • Name
  • Where you live
  • Your job
  • How did you hear about Robin Hood?
  • Why did you join?
    Specific
  • What are you saving for?
  • What do you need to have a happy life?
  • How do you explain Robin Hood to your friends?
  • What’s your favorite thing about Robin Hood?
  • What does “commons” mean to you?
  • What makes Robin Hood different from other similar services?
  • What is one question you wish I asked you?
1 Like

Great idea. I’m considering if there are any members near me (Copenhagen), and if others perhaps have the same thoughts. It seems important to me to meet up irl and take it out of the world of screens once in a while. I don’t know if would suggest some sort of list of members based on their location, or if I and others in the same situation should simply write to some admins/more active members and ask for hints about others in their proximity…

2 Likes

Unfortunately we do not have ready lists based on member’s locations. But I know there are members in Denmark & Copenhagen, have even met some. :slightly_smiling:

Maybe start a group for Copenhagen here: http://discourse.robinhoodcoop.org/c/groups-events

For now, the existing interviews are here:

It would be great to have audio interviews, too.